Photo Credit: Mitchell Coleman
California Botanical Society Membership
The Society welcomes membership by all individuals interested in Western American botany. Subscriptions to Madroño are available for institutions. Membership dues and institutional subscriptions support the publication of Madroño, the leading botanical journal in Western North America, and our grants and education programs. All individual members receive Madroño free, in print and online, as well as the Society’s digital newsletter Nemophila. Membership and institutional subscriptions are based on the volume year of Madroño, which follows the calendar year.
We are pleased to offer discounts for multi-year renewals by individuals. Current membership categories and rates for one year are as follows:
- Regular: $50
- Family: $55
- Emeritus (for retired faculty and other professionals, requires 10 years of prior CalBotSoc membership): $35
- Student (seven years maximum eligibility; must provide copy of student ID or advisor’s signature): $20
- Postdoc: $35
- Life: $1000
Institutional subscriptions to Madroño are $85 per year.
PLAN - PRICE
PLAN - PRICE
Please send your membership form and dues payment, as well as any requests for changes of address, Madroño delivery inquiries, and membership questions, to our Membership Chair.
Students new to the California Botanical Society are eligible for one year of free membership. To nominate a student for a free membership, please send their name and email address to our Membership Chair.
For other questions, please contact our Membership Chair.
- Free access to Madroño on BioOne via the Society’s website.
- Our Annual Banquet and Lecture with Field Trips is an excellent opportunity to reconnect and network with professional, academic and amateur botanists.
- Hear the next generation of botanical leaders, teachers, and research stars talk about the fascinating work they are doing with western plants at our Graduate Student Meetings held in alternate years preceding the Annual Banquet.
- Register yourself and your research interests and expertise on our website, so that you may be located by prospective collaborators or employers and so that you may identify like-minded botanists for future collaborations.
- View and contribute announcements to our website’s Forum page, so that you may learn of job opportunities, local field trips, botanical meet-ups, and other Society activities.
- Five free page credits per member per Madroño volume year can save you up to $200 when you publish in Madroño.
- The first year of membership is free for undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, and recently hired faculty. This one-year membership comes with on-line access to Madroño and all other membership benefits. Write to our Membership Chair to be registered for your free one-year membership.
- All student members can apply for Paul Silva Student Research Grants (~$600). Additionally, student and other members can apply for Annetta Carter Memorial Fund grants (~$1000, for Baja California research).
- Student Members are eligibile to apply for travel support to attend our biennial Graduate Student Symposia.
- Build your resumé by reviewing manuscripts for Madroño or by writing summaries of Madroño articles for a broad readership through our Botany Ambassador Program.