Institutional Subscriptions FAQUpdated June 2016
1. What is the 2017 subscription rate for institutions and all types of libraries for all available versions of Madroño (print, online, bundle)?
The 2017 institutional subscription rate for Madroño is US$85.00. The California Botanical Society does not currently offer online-only subscriptions for access to Madroño.
2. Do you offer multiyear institutional subscription plans?
We do not offer discounted multiyear institutional subscription plans. Institutional subscribers may subscribe for future years of Madroño at the currently posted subscription rates.
3. Do you offer agency discounts?
No, we do not offer any agency discounts.
4. Does the subscription start at any time of the year or will you accept a subscription on a specific start date, calendar year, academic year, or volume year?
Subscriptions to each volume of Madroño are based on its volume year. For example, Volume 55 (2008), Volume 56 (2009) and Volume 57 (2010).
5. Will you backstart a subscription with a start date prior to the date the order is submitted? Yes, we automatically backstart a subscription to coincide with the beginning of the Madroño volume year (i.e., it will begin on January of the year made) for any subscription made at any time prior to October of that year.
6. Do you accept subscriptions for less than one year?
A subscription for Madroño is based on the volume year of Madroño, which generally follows a calendar year. We do not accept subscriptions for less than one volume year.
7. If online access is available, how do institutions activate and access their online subscriptions?
The California Botanical Society does not currently offer online-only subscriptions for access to Madroño.
8. What is your preferred payment method and currency?
Payment for subscriptions may be made online at www.calbotsoc.org, by check or by credit card, and must be made in US dollars.
9. To whom do we make our checks payable and what is the address for orders and payments?
All subscription checks should be made payable to the California Botanical Society. All orders and payments should be mailed to the address of the California Botanical Society shown above.
10. Is there any additional postage?
No additional postage is currently assessed for any institutional subscription, but we do reserve the right to charge postage.
11. Do you accept cancellations and are refunds offered?
We do not accept cancellations and do not offer refunds.
12. What is the time limit for submitting claims for missing or damaged issues?
We do not have any time limit for submitting claims for missing or damaged issues of Madroño. Due to limited resources, however, we may not be able to process a claim older than two years from the publication date.
13. What is the contact information for filing claims and for customer service questions?
Due to limited resources, all claims and customer service questions should be sent to us by email at email@example.com. Alternatively, any claim or customer service question may also be sent to us at the address of the California Botanical Society shown above and, if you wish prompt handling of your queries, should specify an email address to which we can respond.
14. What is the publishing schedule for Madroño and how many issues are published per year? Madroño is published quarterly.
15. What is the ISSN number?
Madroño’s ISSN is: 0024-9637.
16. In what language is Madroño published?
Madroño is published in English. Abstracts are sometimes published in Spanish as well.