Graduate Student Meetings
The first Graduate Student Meeting of the California Botanical Society was held in 1973, organized by graduate students for the purpose of presenting graduate student research on plants to our peers and the public. Since then, we hold a Graduate Student Meeting every other year in conjunction with our annual banquet. These meetings are an excellent way for students to become familiar with current botanical research and to participate in a community of scientists.
25th Graduate Student Symposium
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Abstracts due: December 31, 2014
The California Botanical Society encourages current graduate students and recent recipients of a graduate degree to share their research in the botanical sciences with their peers and the public at the upcoming 25th Graduate Student Symposium to be held at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 11, 2015.
Prizes for oral presentations will be awarded in the following categories: Proposed Research, Research in Progress, Completed Research, and Best Presentation.
Travel grants for the 2015 Graduate Student Symposium at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
The California Botanical Society is pleased to offer ten $200 travel grants for the 2015 CBS Graduate Student Meeting at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, Claremont, CA. Funding will be awarded by a random drawing from the full pool of eligible applicants.
- Current members of the California Botanical Society.
- Studying botany, plant sciences, or a related discipline.
- In good academic standing and endorsed by their academic advisor.
- Presenting research at the 2015 CBS meeting.
- Fill out an application and have it signed by your advisor.
- Send the signed application along with a copy of your abstract to Adam Schneider (acschneider –at– berkeley.edu) by December 31, 2014.
- Indicate the subject as "CBS Travel Grant."
- Recipients will be announced via email by Monday, January 12, 2015